Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tweaking in the New Year

I added some subtle touches to "Justice" and think it is much better now.  I gave it an all over tweak.  I made the hand "hold" the skull better by eliminating the heavy outline where they meet.  I added some extra highlights to the iris and lids to "sparkle" a bit more.  I also solidified and rendered the pages a bit more and added some warm tones from the reflection of the hand.  I also repainted the hand - for the 4th time, and I'll leave it at that.



I also tweaked "Trinity" and am really happy with the way it looks now.
A new painting is already in the bag for 2010.   I am focusing on the application of the paint and building structure/form through my brush strokes.  I'm taking a page from Shawn Barber's notes.
After I finish 3-4 I'll start uploading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment